Jim is a Shareholder in the Phoenix, Arizona law firm of Milligan Lawless, P.C. Jim concentrates his practice in the area of health care law with an emphasis on transactional, compliance and reimbursement issues. Jim’s practice includes the representation of a variety of health care businesses with an emphasis on transactional, compliance and reimbursement issues. His representation includes: analyzing relationships among health care providers to determine compliance with fraud and abuse and antitrust laws; organizing horizontal and vertical health care ventures; providing guidance to providers on matters relating to internal investigation and reporting; and drafting a variety of contracts, including provider agreements, management contracts, joint venture documents and real estate agreements.
- Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law, since 2013
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell listed
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Arizona Association of Health Care Lawyers
- Evaluating health care arrangements and billing practices to determine compliance with Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS rules and regulations;
- Structuring multi-state health care management organizations;
- Evaluating and drafting a variety of contracts, including provider agreements, management contracts, compensation arrangements and leases;
- Representing health care providers in licensing matters before the Arizona Medical Board, Board of Osteopathic Examiners, Board of Dental Examiners, Board of Nursing, Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and Board of Physical Therapy Examiners;
- Representing health care providers in administrative and reimbursement matters before Medicare, AHCCCS, insurance plans, and Medicare audit contractors;
- Structuring single- and multi-specialty provider networks and practice groups;
- Representing health care practices in general corporate matters, employment issues, business development and contractual disputes;
- Organizing multi-disciplinary clinics; and
- Representing health care businesses in connection with state licensing matters, including health care facility licensure and collection agency licensure.